Tuesday 30 May 2017

Professor Dan's new look part 3

So we are back home from Blackpool and it’s the start of the Christmas season which I was looking forward to because I have a few regular events that book me each year and are always fun but this time I had a bunch of new customers which meant it kept me on my toes. After a week or so the photos were edited and finished and I was really pleased with the completed product. They were how I imagined them and are perfect for advertising the company.

 
For Balloon Modelling at your next event book Professor Dan for more information click here 

Next on the list to do is costume. If you ever see me at outdoor events or in between shows you will see me in my Prof Dan hoodie. I like to stay casual but still look professional. During December I was looking at embroidery companies because I have updated my logo I now need an updated hoodie. I tried going with somebody local and recommended to me but got nowhere, trying to get hold of them was a pain. I tried online and narrowed it down to 3 businesses once again one did not bother getting back to me this is the second time now. The second company I emailed kept changing their quote which was frustrating that left me with one final company to try lucky for me it was my preferred choice they replied in a good time and I was happy with the quote so got the new hoodies booked in. Is it just me or does everyone trying to do a simple task find it this much hard work? looking at this from a business point of view there are some sloppy lazy companies out there. Whatever service you supply replying to a customer is not hard I try to get back to everyone within a day but that’s just me. Anyway whilst waiting for a sample of the new hoodie I went on to make a start on some new business cards…

In 2014 I ordered 10,000 business cards which I think is a lot and two years later I have finally given them all out. Since I have new photos and promotional material and no more cards to give out the timing could not have been better. I decided to go with the same people I went with last time as they have never done me wrong and as the saying goes if it’s not broke don’t fix it. Trying to upload my new design however was proving a task as I am not the best with technology. The amount of times my wife has had to help me is ridiculous, it’s like teaching a toddler to spell. So I got a magician friend of mine to help I think he only did it in sympathy for me. ๐Ÿ˜Š By the end of the night we had the business cards done and something new for 2017 Professor Dan now has flyers. It’s the simple things in life that make me happy.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we are DONE!

Old Professor Dan hoodie 
New Professor Dan hoodie
Old Professor Dan business card
  New Professor Dan business card

All updated and not a moment too soon as my little lad was born in May so I am getting used to being a dad and not having to mess about updating the business is one less thing for me to worry about. I do have a few ideas I would like to do for example getting a professional show reel done for the website would be fun but for now my priorities are doing the best shows possible and becoming a family man. Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment