Thursday 1 February 2018

Big Kids

It was my 26th birthday on Thursday the 1st of February 2018 and I was not sure what to do so I didn’t plan anything out the ordinary, go out for food and have a few drinks, simple adult things. But I am lazy when it comes to organizing get together's so I asked Vicki to sort it out. It was not really going to plan no one was interested and some friends were off to a restaurant in Hull as they have some discount vouchers so me and the wife decided to join them. I remember saying on the drive down “they decide to meet up, but they won’t do anything for me.” We get to Hull and end up at an industrial estate I ask Vicki what’s the name of this place? She said Big Fun play center. Turns out we are not meeting for food it was a surprise party.
Let me take you back to when I was a kid my mum would ask me what I wanted to do for my birthday? I would always say “Wacky Warehouse.” So every party would be at one of them places where you let the kids go crazy climbing, going down slides and ball pools etcetera while all the parents relax. Unfortunately for me I grew up and was too big for them places, a hard reality I had to face. Over the years I have performed at these venues and I would think to myself I remember how awesome this all was.
A while ago Vicki came across a video on YouTube a play center for adults and me saying “imagine how awesome that would be.” After a quick google she found one nearby but I said not to bother as no one will come and that was the last I remembered of it. But secretly she had this planned all along and invited a few friends. Turns out this was quite stressful for her making sure I didn’t find out, I did read a text from her phone saying “so what’s the plan?” but I didn’t take any notice of it.
On the night we ended up spending two hours there and had a great time and I conquered my fear of heights and went on (the drop) which is a very big steep slide. When you are sitting on the edge of this thing for the first time it feels like you are jumping to your death. Something in my head was saying this is not natural jumping off a high building frame but I did it despite what the wife said as she knows how accident prone I am. The experience reminded me why I loved these places and if you are a big kid like me I recommend you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment