Tuesday 17 April 2018

Paulos Circus


I look forward to seeing Paulos Circus every time they come to town. Me and my wife have been attending for 3 years now and this year was quite special as I got to take my little lad Tommy who is 11 months old.
I think this is one of their best shows to date the effort that has gone into the lighting and sound alone is impressive. I think coming from a performing background I can appreciate it more but the visuals and audio engaged Tommy which kept his interest. All this was before we had the first act on. The show started with the wheel of death! As you might have guessed I am a fan of variety performances. I had seen this before but as a finale not the first act so I was thinking how were they going to top this?

Miss Aurelia did an aerial hoop routine which was very smooth I imagine this was a tricky task. Vision yourself trying to be elegant and keep a smile on your face while you are hanging above an audience spinning around holding on with one foot.

The clown has always been my favourite part of the circus Mr N has taken over the role since I last saw Paulos Circus. When you look at his costume he is smartly dressed with a little facepaint on the eye brows. No red nose here making me think the persona is more of a Buster Keaton or Chaplin character. Yes he is a clown but this is how he sees it and you are invited to come into his world. As the show went on I could see the crowd growing more affectionate towards him every time he came on. Talking about Buster Keaton one of Mr N’s routines was a silent / mime act as he tryed to get onto an imaginary motorcycle with the girl and ride into the sun set. You had to be there.

Laser Man was a nice addition to this show because it takes mime to the next level. It starts off very simple one laser beam which is manipulated causing the illusion it is being bent and broken only to be fixed from there it goes crazy. All in all this is a show you can take the family to and I recommend you do. 
Paulos Circus are in York until Sunday the 29th of April at Rocko Health Club, Stirling Road, York, YO30 4TU performance times are
Thursdays and Fridays 5pm & 7.15pm
Saturdays and Sundays 2pm & 4.30pm
All seats are £7
For more information click here now go and make some memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment